Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Marie Antoinette, Chateau Fontainebleau & Boudoir Jewelry!


When we were in France, we toured Chateau Fontainebleau where the French court of Louis XVI would visit every fall for the hunt.  We were enchanted by the beautiful suite of rooms occupied by Marie Antoinette when she was in residence.  Especially the pretty sitting room located near her bedroom. 

The ceiling was painted with the most romantic images of flying cherubs, cupids and angelic goddesses and I took extensive close-up photographs of that gorgeous ceiling!


 
 
 

Knowing that this ceiling once held the gaze of Marie Antoinette, I knew I wanted to use the images from my photographs within special pieces of jewelry, as a small way to share a touch of romantic beauty and a moment in time from Marie Antoinette's world.





I finally found time to work on these beauties this past weekend...... 




My first series of one-of-a-kind jewels are available now on my website and you can visit HERE if you would like more information.  Merci ~ xoxo ~ Joy

No comments: