Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Back in the Studio...


I am back in the studio after our whirlwind trip to Asheville, NC.  For a Florida girl, the chance to dress in jeans and sweaters is a real treat and we really enjoyed the crisp, cold, mountain air for a change of pace.

I also enjoyed shopping for jewelry pieces to work with and this is just a small sample of what I came home with......




....but this was my most favorite find....and because I loved her so much, an early birthday gift from my prince.....




...a gorgeous Virgin Mary statue.  She stands close to 3 feet tall and looks like she stepped right off an alter located in an historic church in France.


 
 
I found her outside of Asheville in an old tobacco barn that now sells antiques, which only added to her charm especially when I found her by chance....tucked inside a wooden box sitting in a dark corner of the barn.
 
 
 

She will stand watch in my studio and hold pieces of religious jewelry and rosary beads for me.




Now that my batteries are recharged I am inspired to start working with the haul I made up and down the east coast and with an upcoming Gem and Jewelry show in town this weekend, I am sure I will be busy in the studio for some time.  Can't wait to share these upcoming pieces with you and share the stories of where they came from!    .....soon mes amies.......... : )   ~ xoxo ~ Joy

1 comment:

Fanciful Ponderings said...

She is gorgeous! Your a lucky girl : )